A MESSAGE FROM THE MAYOR:
Why vote on 10/3 for a four year Mayoral term?
1. The entire Board is in favor of this change because a four year term allows a Mayor to commit to critical long term projects such as sewer and road repairs. Every time a new Mayor comes in, everything stops in its tracks.
2. A longer term attracts quality staff (2 years negatively impacts staff job security and deters the best applicants for the job.)
3. Voters still have Trustees as a system of checks and balances if they don’t like how things are being run. Decision making is done through the Board based on a quorum. You as a voter speak through your elected officials. Trustees will still have the same time two year terms.
4. The office of the Mayor is the executive branch of government for the Village. The executive branch usually has longer terms which are necessary for continuity in planning and budgeting.
5. A longer Mayoral term allows for better relationships with local police, the fire dept., town and county leaders. It takes time to develop and nurture these relationships to make our community the best it can be. Community leaders help our Village, so these connections are critical.
So..before you vote… please take these reasons into consideration on 10/3. Thank you.
– Jim Avena.
Below is a copy of our recent road condition analysis. We hope to start this project sometime next year.